Wednesday, February 24, 2010

At Kortright today


I made my way to The Kortright Centre today. I was thinking positive all the way there. I headed into the main building and noticed a picture of our friend and racer (Michelle) in the cafeteria that was donated by a photographer, poster size and well framed. Wow this is positive!!The snow looked good as I got on the snowmobile.
I made my way around the first three fields and I said "not bad". As I drove around the back I could see there was not enough snow through the treed part of the trail and I was on the ground. By the time I got to the small bridge I knew there was no way we could race on the back side of this Kortright trail. I made my way around the whole trail and decided to just work on the first 2 miles. By 1 pm I thought I had done as much as I could for the day without causing any damage.
I will wait until Thursday to make the call to shut the whole thing down.
I need that snow that the area news has been speaking of.#@*&%4!
Anyways the 4 mile race is cancelled and I will let you know tommorrow about the 2 mile loop. Please email me if you are interested in attending..dogsleddn@hotmail.com
I will have $1200 for the fun run that we can split up between the racers that show up.(no entry fee). I'll update another post tommorrow.

No comments: